National Blueberry Pancake Day!!
Happy National Blueberry Pancake Day everyone!! In honor of this day, we decided to showcase our mini blueberry pancake stacks! These are great for any brunch or breakfast occasion, not just National Blueberry Pancake Day! Scroll down to see how to make your own blueberry pancake stacks.
1) Make this recipe for pancake batter. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Warm a sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp butter, melt and add quarter sized dollops of pancake batter to the pan. Flip pancakes when batter begins to bubble and store these mini pancakes on a cookie sheet in the warm oven. Add more butter to the pan as necessary.
2) Make blueberry sauce (see below). This can be made the day before and re-warmed.
3) Skewer 3 pancakes with a 4″ skewer, drizzle with blueberry sauce, and serve warm.
Blueberry Sauce ~ 3 cups
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon, minced
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1) In a saucepan over medium heat combine berries, juice, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
2) In a small bowl mix together water and cornstarch. Place 1 Tbsp of blueberry mixture into cornstarch bowl to temper, and then add cornstarch to blueberry pot. Simmer until blueberry sauce begins to thicken @ 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Remove from heat until ready to serve. If too thick, add more orange juice or water to thin.