January Recipe Post: Beer Cheese Sauce
With the AFC Championship game this weekend and the Superbowl just around the corner, you’ll thank us for passing along this quick and easy recipe for beer cheese sauce! Warm up some soft pretzels, chicken skewers, or sausage for dipping and cheer on the Patriots with this splurge-worthy snack.
Beer Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 2 tsp blended oil (try a combination of canola and olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 box Velveeta cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 chipotle chile, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Chopped cilantro and/or scallions for garnish, if desired
Melt all ingredients (except garnish) in a double boiler over simmering water. Serve in a fondue pot, cast iron skillet, or heatproof bowl, topped with scallions and/or cilantro and surrounded by yummy snacks to dip – warm soft pretzels, chicken skewers, sausage, bread cubes… Enjoy!