Cupcakes for the 4th (That Will Have Your Guests Wanting S’more)
“I haven’t had anything yet…so how can I have some more of nothing?”
Celebrate the Fourth of July with our recipe for S’mores Cupcakes!
Makes 12 Cupcakes
1 C. all-purpose flour
½ C. cocoa
1 C. granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ C. milk
¼ C. vegetable oil
½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place cupcake liners in standard-sized cupcake tin.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together all ingredients until they are completely incorporated.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. (Use a hand mixer or electric stand mixer.)
- Evenly distribute cake batter into the cupcake liners. (Tip! Use an ice cream scoop to evenly measure cupcakes.)
- Place in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
2 semi-sweet or dark chocolate bars, chopped
1/2 cup of sugar
- Add heavy cream and butter to a small saucepan and heat on low heat until the butter has melted, and then add the sugar
- Add chocolate bars to a large bowl and pour the cream/butter mixture over the chocolate. Let the chocolate melt, then use a spatula to completely mix the chocolate and cream mixture. Let cool.
Cooled Chocolate Cupcakes
Cooled Chocolate Ganache
Graham Crackers, broken into small rectangles
- Toast marshmallows over a campfire or in the oven.
- Drizzle ganache over each cupcake. Top with a toasted marshmallow and piece of graham cracker.