The Hounds of Capers Catering in Honor of National Hug Your Hound Day
In honor of national hug your hound day we thought we would share our furry friends that are so dear to our hearts. We also though we would share a delicious dog biscuit recipe that our hounds absolutely adore. We have shared them with our friends, so we know yours will love them as well. Meet the team’s best friends below!
Homemade Dog Biscuits ~ Makes 24 Biscuits
3 cups rice flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 cups water
1/2 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a cookie sheet and put down parchment paper.
- Mix together the rice flour, cornmeal and oats. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in water, oil, eggs and peanut butter, mix well.
- On a flat surface use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Cut the dough with a dog biscuit cookie cutter to make the traditional shape of dog biscuits.
- Place the biscuits onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Take the biscuits out of the oven and let them cool and harden before serving, about 30 minutes.