Thanksgiving Pumpkin Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays; we can’t help but make the most out of the leftovers. This year, we thought it would delicious to make a leftover breakfast meal. After much research we decided on a Thanksgiving pumpkin waffle breakfast sandwiches. We found the recipe on Running to the Kitchen Blog.
We have adapted the recipe below for you to try at home!
Here are some of our Turkeys from this Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Waffle Thanksgiving Breakfast Sandwiches
Serving Size~ 4 Sandwiches
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
1/2 c milk
1/2 c pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients for the waffles in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Pour batter into greased waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove from the waffle iron and cut into 4 sections. Repeat for 2nd waffle.
Breakfast Sandwich Recipe:
2 c leftover mashed potatoes
8 oz leftover turkey
4 Tbsp leftover cranberry sauce
1 Tbsp butter
- Layer 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and 2 ounces turkey on top of 4 waffle sections.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter and let melt.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry.
- Top each sandwich section with a fried egg and place another waffle section on top to make a sandwich.