Super Bowl Sunday Recipes
Being from New England we can not help but get excited for the Super Bowl this year! Our New England Patriots will be heading to Houston, Texas to take on the Atlanta Falcons.
We were so excited to be able to come up with a menu for the Super Bowl, that our guests would love! We will be serving hard wood smoked baby back ribs with mango BBQ, crispy corn chips, homemade guacamole and mango salsa. Buffalo flavors are often traditional on game day, so we couldn’t resist making a batch of Buffalo Chex Mix. If you’re in need of a simple, yet flavorful, make-ahead recipe for game day, look no further! The recipe, inspired from Half Baked Harvest is below.
Check out our hard wood smoked baby back ribs recipe below:
House made BBQ Dry Rub:
Sweet Smoked Paprika
- Marinate the ribs with the dry rub over night
- Brush the ribs with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- Pour 1/4 cup of water into the cookie sheet
- Place the ribs on a cookie sheet and tightly wrap the ribs with plastic wrap
- Then wrap the cookie sheet with aluminum foil to make sure the plastic wrap does not melt in the oven
- Bake at 325 degrees for an hour and a half
- Take out of the oven and chill for up to two days
- Rub the ribs with more BBQ sauce and reheat on the grill
- Cut and serve warm
Buffalo Chex Mix:
3 cups corn Chex
3 cups rice Chex
2 cups whole wheat Chex
2 cups mixed nuts
2 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
2 cups pita chips
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup Frank’s hot sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix Chex mix, nuts, pretzels, and pita chips. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter, hot sauce and salt in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the Chex mixture and toss until evenly coated. Spread the Chex mixture evenly on to two greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of the Chex mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with blue cheese. Allow the mixture to cool for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest