With summer entertaining on all of our minds, we know how difficult it can be to think of a menu that all of our guests will enjoy and compliments everyone’s taste buds. We have found that Paella is one of the best dishes to serve when hosting a large group of people. Not only is it a deliciously filling meal, it also is a crowd favorite.
Since this has been such a popular dish, we thought we would share a fun and easy recipe for you to try. Follow along below to make your own at home. We have also found, the best way to make a traditional paella is with the right pan. We have linked the best pan to use here! We hope you enjoy!
Spanish Paella Recipe~ Serves 6
1 Tsp. of saffron threads
10 peeled & deveined jumbo shrimp
2 links Spanish chorizo sausage
2 C. finely chopped onion
1 C. finely chopped red bell pepper
1 Tsp. sweet paprika
1 C. chopped fresh parsley
3 large garlic cloves, minced
3 C. uncooked medium grain rice
8 fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
1. Combine water, saffron, and broth in a large paella pan
. Bring to a simmer (do not boil)
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large paella pan or large skillet over medium-high heat
3. Add sausage and shrimp and saute 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and reduce the to medium-low heat
4. Add onion and bell pepper; saute 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
5. Add tomatoes, paprika, and 3 garlic cloves cook for 5 minutes
6. Add rice; cook 3 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in herbs, broth, the sausage and the peas
7. Bring to a low boil; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently
8. Add the mussels to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes or until shells open
10. Add shrimp and cook for 8 minutes or until shrimp are done.
11. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup lemon juice.
12. Remove the pan from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
13. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.