Pulled Chicken & Manchego Pizzette
In honor of National Pizza Day, I thought we would share a recipe for one of our most requested pizza hors d’oeuvres.
Everyone loves these little bites, and they are not too difficult to create.
Pulled Chicken & Manchego Pizzettes ~ serves 8
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. shallots, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
1 Tbsp. canned chipotle peppers
4 c. peeled, chopped fresh peaches
2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1/4 c. molasses
1/4 c. cider vinegar
4 Tbsp. Dijon
1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
3 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- In a mid-sized sauce pan, saute shallots and ginger in olive oil until soft. Add chipotle, peaches, tomatoes, molasses, vinegar, dijon, and sugar. Simmer about 10 minutes. Cool and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Salt and pepper chicken thighs. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker and pour barbecue sauce over. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken onto a cutting board and shred meat using 2 forks. You should have about 4 cups of meat. Place in a bowl and add 1 cup of barbecue sauce to this. This can be made a day ahead.
4 12″x 6″ prepared flat bread
4 cups Manchego cheese
1/2 c. scallions, chopped
Micro-greens for garnish
- Place flat bread on 2 baking sheets. Top with 1 cup each pulled chicken, 1 cup each Manchego cheese, and scallions.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Cut, garnish with micro-greens, and serve hot with beer.