Festive Holiday Cocktails
We can’t believe the holidays are just around the corner! It feels like summer was just here.
As the season changes we can’t help but think of holiday entertaining and what we will be serving to our guests in the next weeks. Just like for many of you, entertaining around the holidays is one of the best parts of the season. Seeing family and friends is a joy!
This year we have rounded up our favorite cocktails. Check out the recipes below!
Apple Pear Sangria
Serving Size ~ 1 Pitcher
One bottle dry red wine
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup light rum
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup Triple Sec
Spiced Simple Syrup (recipe below)
1 Honey Crisp apple—cored & sliced
1 pear—cored & sliced, plus more for garnish
Rosemary, for garnish
- Combine red wine, orange juice, rum, brandy, triple sec and ¼ cup of spiced simple syrup (add more as needed for a sweeter sangria).
- Add the diced fruit and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the sangria over ice and top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with sliced pears, cinnamon stick, and a rosemary sprig.
Spiced Simple Syrup
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
4-star anise pods
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
Two 3-inch cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish
1-inch slice of fresh ginger
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- When the liquid has reduced and turned slightly syrupy, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain liquid into a jar. Use immediately or store covered in the fridge.
Recipe Adapted from: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/spice-infused-sangria
Cucumber Mint Winter Martini
Serving Size ~ 1 Martini
2 ½ oz Gin
¾ oz Lemon Juice
¾ oz Simple Syrup
4 Mint Leaves, plus more for garnish
3 Slices of Cucumber
Candied Ginger (for garnish)
- Muddle mint and cucumber slices with fresh lemon juice and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Add several ice cubes and gin. Cover and shake.
- Garnish the rim of the glass with chopped fresh mint leaves. Strain contents into a chilled martini glass.
- Roll candied ginger in a shaved cucumber slice, and skewer.
Recipe Adapted from: http://www.jean-georges.com/recipes/cocktails/cucumber-mint-martini/
Peppermint White Russian
Serving Size~ 1 White Russian
3 oz Heavy Cream
3 oz Vodka
1 1/2 oz Kahlua
1 1/2 oz Peppermint Schnapps
Candy Canes (for garnish)
Whip Cream (for garnish)
- Add ice to each glass along with an ounce of vodka and a splash of Kahlúa.
- Add an ounce of peppermint schnapps and top with heavy cream. Stir and top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
Recipe Adapted from: https://www.thenest.com/content/peppermint-white-russian-drink-recipe