Campfire S’mores Cupcake
What is more fun in the summer months than building a S’more by the campfire? For many us living in the city, its difficult to find a campfire. We have thought of the perfect alternative and a fun addition to any event or a family gathering. This homemade cupcake is a crowd favorite with the smokey flavor of the marshmallow and the graham cracker. This S’mores cupcake has been a huge hit so far! We hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Cake ~ Makes 12 Cupcakes
1 C. all-purpose flour
½ C. cocoa
1 C. granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ C. milk
¼ C. vegetable oil
½ tspn vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together all ingredients until they are incorporated well
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined
- Evenly distribute cake batter into the cupcake liners
- Place in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
2 bars of milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate
1/2 cup of sugar
- Add heavy cream and butter to a small saucepan and heat on low heat until the butter has melted, and then add the sugar
- Add chocolate chopped up chocolate bars to a large bowl and pour the cream/butter mixture over the chocolate and let the chocolate melt
- Use a flat spatula to fully mix the chocolate and cream mixture.
- Let cool and drizzle over the cupcakes
- Use mini marshmallows and graham crackers to decorate