4th of July Recipe Round Up
We have rounded up four of our favorite recipes to make for this years 4th of July festivities. Living in New England often times means that 4th of July is not only the official start to summer, but also one of the most popular holidays we celebrate. Many of us will be heading to family BBQs where we will need to bring a delicious dish to enjoy with the whole crowd.
Check out our favorites below and we hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!
20 each Bibb lettuce leaves (about 3 heads)
2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs place in large freezer bag
Jerk Wet Rub
½ bunch Cilantro
2 each Scallions
1 TBSP Grated Fresh Ginger
1 clove Garlic
1 each Lime Juice
1 tsp Allspice
3 TBSP Olive Oil
½ Habanero Pepper
¼ cup Brown Sugar
½ tsp each Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, coriander Black pepper
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Place wet rub ingredients in food processor and blend till smooth.
- Pour wet rub over chicken and refrigerate over night
- Grill chicken, cool and slice thin
2 each Mango peeled and diced
1 each Jalapeno grilled and diced
½ Red Pepper diced
1 TBSP Fresh Lime Juice
1 TBSP Chopped Cilantro
1 TBSP Chopped Scallion
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Coriander
- Place chicken in a lettuce cup, top with mango relish and serve. Add sour cream and guacamole if desired.
Chocolate Cake ~ Makes 12 Cupcakes
1 C. all-purpose flour
½ C. cocoa
1 C. granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ C. milk
¼ C. vegetable oil
½ tspn vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together all ingredients until they are incorporated well
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined
- Evenly distribute cake batter into the cupcake liners
- Place in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
2 bars of milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate
1/2 cup of sugar
- Add heavy cream and butter to a small saucepan and heat on low heat until the butter has melted, and then add the sugar
- Add chocolate chopped up chocolate bars to a large bowl and pour the cream/butter mixture over the chocolate and let the chocolate melt
- Use a flat spatula to fully mix the chocolate and cream mixture.
- Let cool and drizzle over the cupcakes
- Use mini marshmallows and graham crackers to decorate